Get Ready to Take Off!
Discover the Amazing World
of Aviation and Transportation…
Take a step back into history and encounter unique artifacts and exhibits that help tell the exciting story of aviation and transportation in our lives. Explore a wide variety of displays and exhibits of full size aircraft and surface transportation from bicycles to vintage automobiles, a fire engine, and even a Boeing 727-200!
The Mid America Museum of Aviation and Transportation preserves and celebrates the rich aviation and transportation history of the Sioux City area.
Spend an hour…spend a whole day… the entire family will find something fascinating, entertaining, unique or educational at the Mid America Museum of Aviation and Transportation!
- 30,000 sq. feet of displays and exhibits
- Aircraft from commercial to general, military to sport and homebuilt
- Surface Transportation from vintage cars and motorcycles to military vehicles and antique road equipment
- Displays from United Airlines and Braniff Airlines
- United Flight 232 Display and artifacts
- Military artifacts and uniforms
- A Boeing 737 cockpit restored as on operational simulator
- A 1913 Road Grader
- A partial Boeing 727 fuselage painted in United Airlines colors
- ’41 Cadillac Fleetwood “60” Special Sunroof Sedan used by President Truman in an innaugural parade in Omaha
- The largest radial engine ever used on an airplane
- World War II displays including a Link Trainer
- Scale models and antique toys
- And much, much more
The museum is handicap accessible.